An Experiment in Raw Eating

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hail Kale!


I ate...or drank...AN ENTIRE HEAD OF KALE THAT I PUT IN THE BLENDER. With apple and strawberries. It really wasn't bad....I never saw anything that green!

I am still in no way a "raw foodist" yet. I think it takes awhile. You cannot just adopt a new way of eating that quickly...so I am just playing around until it's real. And learning. There seems to be a lot to learn.

I think I am going to the health food shop tommorow to pick up a few things...

2 comments:

  1. Green smoothie is the way to do it. It's nice to put some sunflower seeds in the smoothie. Makes it very creamy and delicious.

    What are you getting at the store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. here i am again. sorry for double commenting but i must say...

    Typical morning smoothie around here is two ribs of celery, chopped, one cored and chopped apple, half a cucumber, one very ripe banana, 2 tbs ground flax seed, about a 1 inch piece of ginger and a tbs of e3live renew me blended with about 40 oz water. That's enough for breakfast for two. I will toss in some grapes or kiwi sometimes to mix it up and i rotate greens, celery is my fave but collard, kale, spinach or red lettuce are good also.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am setting out on a raw food journey, to see if it will improve my health.